Monday, October 21, 2013

Wed-Fri Oct 16-18

Well as you might guess, internet has been spotty so I haven't been able to post when I want.  I wrote this post last week so I could post when internet was available!

For the past several nights, there has been music in the school yard.  I went down to check it out.  Many many young people were standing around.  There was a cluster of young men standing in a clump around what appeared similar to a roulette table.  There were plastic animals in the center which turned as the wheel spun.  There were numbered squares under the roulette wheel.  I am not sure of the rules of the game but everyone seemed to be enjoying it.  Young people stood around in clusters in the age old games of getting to know members of the opposite sex.  A few couples danced; several were girls dancing together.  There is definitely excitement in the air.  Tomorrow there will be a jazz concert and people are coming from miles around to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment